02 March 2007

On South Beach


I started the South Beach Diet last Monday when I was in San Diego, figuring it was easier to do it while someone else is cooking for me. After a week of watching my coworkers down pancakes for breakfast, brownies and warm chocolate lava cakes for dessert, not to mention cocktails and wine, I got home on the scale and I had only lost maybe 1.5 pounds, tops. I was soooo upset. Luckily at that point, I was still on my free trial period for the website, so I looked up on the forum and realized the problem was probably that I wasn't doing portion control. As soon as I realized that, I made myself meals that were more portion-controlled (and these portions aren't actually generous by any means)...and I lost weight! On average I saw almost a pound melt away per day for the first couple of days, which was super rewarding to see. I was also going to the gym daily too, and that totally helped.

I think I'm really getting used to these eating habits and I'm less likely to crave a large amount of sugar...however, I'm not sure how I will be able to keep this up...So onto Phase II after Hawaii!!

1 comments:

Amanda Sung said...

Have you ever taken any Kinesiology class? I know some schools (UBC, for example) don't have such programs. Anyhow, I've learnt that only 5 to 10% of fat from our daily energy intake (everyone is different) is needed! Anything more than is just bad. A lot people say they are on "low carb" diet, but in fact, it's actually only going to backfire them. On a daily average, 60% of our diet should come from carbohydrate. When we have lots of intake of carb, we last a lot longer during gym workout & exercises! Isn't it cool? Haha! I have trouble GAINING weight, as a matter of fact. I keep losing weight even when I don't want to. It bugs me! I don't want to look like anorexic!! :(