21 June 2008

Relief

As the plane was landing in Vancouver Int'l Airport, I caught a glimpse of the mountains outside. To my surprise, I felt my eyes well up. And that was when I knew I was finally home.

Home this time means so much to me. It's been six months since I took a break from work, and in the six months, we've launched/have worked towards launching two huge campaigns that involve moving pieces in all the communication channels. I know there are lots of people out there who work longer hours than me, but I think this is the first time I've felt stress from work. More specifically, this is the first time I've experienced this type of stress - the type where I actually do care a lot about the end result, and I'm not just stressed about not getting things done. I stress about not getting things done perfectly, not leveraging all the channels and vehicles available to me, not doing enough testing, and all kinds of "non-perfection" issues. I guess it comes with being so close to your job and actually enjoying the fruits of your labour.

Also, I know I joked about it a lot, but I actually do think there's been truth in my statement that our apartment is like our first-born. I don't have a choice but to love it unconditionally, and make it into the best that I know it can be. Since we've gotten the place, there's been so many kinks that we've had to smooth out along the way. We haven't gotten to the day when it's completely finished, tidy, and perfect, and we can just sit back and marvel and fall in love with it. I work hard to get to that day, but for now, it's been like my first-born that I lose sleep over.

So this time, home is where I want to recuperate. I want to "heal" - eat, relax, read (a lot - I have lots of missed months), and just be.

I can't wait.

1 comments:

Kasia S. said...

wow, your blog is SO much prettier than mine! how do i make it like yours?? i'm so glad to have some more reading material too!