14 December 2008

bake fest 2008

Julie and I have been talking about baking goodies and packing them up as care packages for Christmas to send to our mutual friends.  The idea started in 2006 when we wanted to send cookies to Vartan, Dave, and Logan.  So finally this year we organized a baking date, and I procured all sorts of materials and ingredients and got prepped for a day of baking goodness.


The baking ingredients (partial).  Not in photo: pre-mixed shortbread and chocolate chip cookie dough, and brownie and gingerbread cookie ingredients, plus the cookie cutters and other fun decorating things.

My oven turned on at about 3:30 and went straight through to 9:30, and we made superbly delicious gingerbread cookies (that Julie and Alex kept on stealing when I wasn't looking), my favourite chocolate chip cookies (from the NYTimes article), and amazing chocolate brownies, and countless shortbread figures that Julie decorated with gusto.  She even made a Blair Waldorf with a pearl headband, come on...




We packaged up the cookies in tins, bags, and these amazing boxes I found at Michael's.  By the way, Michael's is awesome - there's soooo much going on in there for fun things you can do, and these boxes were just a cute little example.  I ended up spending a little over an hour in there just browsing when I went in...haha.


If you don't feel Christmas-y yet, I hope the cookies help you get there!!!


0 comments: