15 July 2008

day 2 - homemade bootcamp

let me start off with "how i feel the morning after day 1":

i was absolutely exhausted last night after i got home and finally ate. as a side note, i crave some serious carb lovin' after the workouts so far. i woke up feeling OK, got dressed, wasn't tired, but had that hint of soreness when i moved around getting ready.

as the day progressed, i felt stiffness everywhere and was secretly glad i didn't wear heels to work today. then finally time came to get changed and as i was about to finish getting dressed, a siren went off in my head: i forgot my shoes!!!!!!! it was one of those moments where i could then clearly picture exactly where my shoes were (sitting between the boxes and the chairs in the foyer). resigned, i still managed to get to milliken mills high school in my flip flops. i felt like such a huge dork. after a lengthy discussion on how today was "legs" day, and how they were going to begin by running the track (WHAT?! i thought that was a day 1 special!) i was encouraged to sit this one out. ari gave me some exercises to do at the gym so off i went.

i'm proud to say i managed to half-kick my own ass tonight. i was instructed to do intervals on the treadmill with 1-5-1-4-1-3-1-2-1-1-1 rotations, starting from a one minute walk and a five minute run. you get the idea. by the end of the 22 minutes it took to do all this (switching gears included), i almost died on the treadmill. i felt like i was emitting heat, i had a primo headache brewing, and i wanted to throw up. the super buff ladies working out next to me might've added to the puke factor. ari also said i could do leg curls but i sat down, did five, and left. the pain from yesterday's "fit test" lingered too strongly in my thighs that it was absolutely torture. therefore, i only managed to half-kick my ass tonight.

onto tomorrow! will be doing a double check tonight in terms of packing up.

0 comments: