16 July 2008

elevator day

this is a bonus post because i just had to share my physical condition after day 2. considering day 2 wasn't even a "real" day 2 for me, i can only imagine how i would've felt had i actually done everything yesterday.

every day when i wake up, i think my muscles are asleep for another hour or so. therefore, i get this extremely misguided optimism that i can handle whatever is thrown my way.

not so much. first of all, you should know that if i'm not wearing flats to work, my heels start at 3.25" and up. second of all, i decided to venture into ironing my shirt this morning. i can honestly say that it was probably the third time in my life that i've completed an ironing job, and a shotty one at that. i accidentally hit my belly with the iron so now there's a tiny burn mark on my stomach. good way to start my morning.

so anyway, as i am leaving, i looked at my shiny patent leather heels and thought, well, i'm not feeling that bad today so i should give them a try. put on my brave face. i got to the garage and into the car, and drove up the street to pick up jovana. i waved to her, and my arm reminded me not to. on to markham and in front of starbucks...realized i was having issues unfolding myself out of the car. it was quite a dilemma - right foot first? nope. left foot then? nope. head first? ouch, my non-existent abs. it was ridiculous! hobbling into starbucks, i managed to get a nice fresh cup of coffee.

finally, at work, walking down the stairs to the basement was baaad. that was when i declared today an "elevator day"...

however, i feel pumped and ready to go for the third session, so we'll see how it goes tonight!

0 comments: